We’re pretty darn excited about the Fourth Annual Burgie Awards this year. Why?
- Great venue. It’s being held at Esplanade Park, the lovely waterfront setting for special events along Fort Lauderdale’s Riverwalk. “We’re closing down the street around it, too.” says host Sef Gonzalez, aka Burger Beast. “Ms. Cheezious is calling it the Burgies Block Party. Everyone who attends will have a blast.” Previous events were held at JohnMartin’s in Coral Gables, Transit Lounge in Brickell, and Magic City Casino in Miami. Broward folks now get a chance to enjoy this event, and Miami-Dade fans can experience this scenic riverfront park.
- Memorable food trucks. Take a trip down memory lane – this event marks the last appearance of the Fish Box of La Camaronera fame, one of the pioneers in the South Florida food truck scene; the final event for the Bocaditos truck; and the return of Sugar Rush. You’ll also find AZ Canteen, B.C. Tacos, BITE Gastrotruck, Che Grill, Cheeseburger Baby, Daddy’s Grill, Dim Ssam a Gogo, Dolce Gourmet Cupcakes, El Rey de las Fritas, Fireman Derek’s World Famous Pies, HipPOPs Handcrafted Gelato Bars, Jefe’s Original Fish Tacos, Killer Pasta, Marlie’s Delights, Mr. Good Stuff, Ms. Cheezious, Mushaboom, Palate Party, Purple People Eatery, The Rolling Stove, Slow Food Truck and Treehouse Truck from Orlando.
- Outstanding brick-and-mortar comfort food spots. Dishes from everyone’s favorite, Blue Collar; Latin House Burger and Taco Bar; and the inimitable Pincho Factory. Little Havana’s Azucar Ice Cream Company has frozen treats covered.
- Craft beers. While Sef says he’s not well versed in beers, he says he’s depending on John Linn from Brown Distributing to make the right choices. “John is to Beer as I’m to Burgers. I have 100% faith in his selections.”
- Bigtime awards ceremony. Chat Chow TV’s Lauren Bernat is hosting the event, with the awards ceremony beginning at 9pm. Since November, voters have been casting ballots for the Burgie Awards – including Best Burger, Best Food Truck, Best Frita and Best Restaurant.
- Unforgettable music. DJ Pinchadiscos 305 will be there, along with the Osceola Brothers, whose oldest member is 16. “You’ve gotta check that band out,” says Sef.
- The price is right. Admission is free. You’ll be able to buy food and drink from the trucks and restaurants – definitely affordable.
See why we’re so excited? We’ll see you there!
400 SW 2 St., Fort Lauderdale 33312
Sat., Feb.2, 5-10pm
For more, visit burgerbeast.com